The Royalton is surrounded by a lot of parks where the residents go for recreation. Six of these parks near the Royalton include:
- African American Heritage Memorial Park-Located at 500 Holland Lane, this memorial park is only a minute from the Royalton. It features a 1-acre 19th century African American cemetery, memorial sculptures, and walking paths.
- Dog Run Park at Carlyle– Is a fenced off-leash dog park with a separate small-dog area, grass, gravel, benches, and drinking water. It is located at 450 Andrew’s Ln- four minutes from the Royalton.
- John Carlyle Square– Located at 300 John Carlyle St, just a minute from Royalton, this small park features event space, benches, and open lawn.
- Armory Tot Lot– This is a small neighborhood playground with slides, a teeter-totter, a sandpit, and a few benches. It is located at 208 S Royal St, six minutes from the Royalton.
- Helen Miller/Bernard Hunter Park– Located at 224 N Fayette St, this park features a playground and basketball court.
- Hoofs Run Park and Greenway– This 4-acre park is located at 18 E Linden St. It features basketball & tennis courts, a garden, a playground, and a dog area.